One of the deadly terror attacks was seen today on 21st April 2019, in this case, suicide bombing was struck in Sri Lanka where a series of blasts shook the whole country along with the entire world. The SSerial Blasts In Sri Lanka | Over 150 dead & 300 + injured.
- Serial blasts took place in 3 churches and 3 Five Star Hotels.
- Speculations saying that more than 150 people lost their lives and over 300 injured.
- The country is in deep shock and in high alert, Bomb Disposal Squad arrived at the scene along with military guarding and performing a rescue.
Terror Struck Once again! This time Sri Lanka being its target
2019 has indeed become the worst year due to the number of accidents and terror attacks. Nowadays, scenes like these have become a piece of daily news as every now and then we keep hearing about some accidents or terror attacks like these being printed on the front page of all the newspapers, radios and the Internet of course. Serial Blasts In Sri Lanka | Over 150 dead & 300 + injured as per as the current speculations.
Today around 8:45 AM, Sri Lanka faced the worst terror attacks of all time with a series of bombs that took place in three churches and three 5* Hotels. Some of them were in Colombo the Capital of Sri Lanka. It is now safe to say that there is indeed no place where terror cannot strike. As it is Easter Sunday, there were more people visiting churches and hotels for holiday purposes, the impact of the blasts was also higher than normal.
According to the local police, 156 people were killed in which 35 were foreigners and several hundred were severely injured from the serial blasts. The whole world was shocked and sad for the people of Sri Lanka and for the families who are facing their worst nightmare. One of the churches that were bombed was inside the capital of the country where the rest was carried outside the capital.
The Prime Minister of Sri Lanka showed his sympathies and condemned of the cowardly attacks made by the Terror Organizations in a Tweet, saying “I strongly condemn the cowardly attacks on our people today. I call upon all Sri Lankans during this tragic time to remain united and strong. Please avoid propagating unverified reports and speculation. The government is taking immediate steps to contain this situation,” also adding that in such hard times for the country it is very important for its citizens to stay united and strong. The country is taking all the necessary steps to wrap this disgusting attempt by the cowardly attacks made by the Terror Organizations. It is a shame that always the common citizens are the first to get affected in these events without being responsible for any of this.
The Government of Sri Lanka immediately called an emergency meeting right after the catastrophic blasts which shook the country. It is being said that the meeting was to identify the threat and to process help and rescue operation’s for the several hundred injured in the event.
Intel about serial Bombing was received 10 Days before the blast !
It is now being said by Pujuth Jayasaundara, the Police Chief of Sri Lanka that an intelligence alert was issued 10 days ago about the planning of a deadly suicide bomb attack of “prominent churches”. It is said according to a Foreign intelligence agency that the NTJ (National Thowheeth Jama’ath) is planning for suicide attacks on Sri Lanka as well as in Indian High Commission.
Things to know about NTJ (National Thowheeth Jama’ath)
NTJ or the (National Thowheeth Jama’ath) is a radical Muslim group in Sri Lanka that was linked to the vandalization of Buddhist statues last year. Speculations and intelligence reports are suggesting that they may be responsible for these blasts.
About the Serial Blasts
The first blasts were seen at St Anthony Church in Colombo and the St Sebastian Church at Katuwapitiya which is in the town of Negombo. Soon after the confirmed reports of the first two blasts, four other blasts were reported by the Police. Three blasts were reported on hotels where the other was on a Church of Batticaloa.
The Three Hotels that were hit in Colombo were the Cinnamon Grand Hotel, the Kingsbury & the Shangri-La. One official who was at the Batticaloa Hospital reported that more than 300 people had been reported to be admitted with many facing severe injuries currently being treated.
The Indian Embassy in Sri Lanka has tweeted out helpline numbers for any Indians who got affected in the deadly scenario.
What PM Narendra Modi had to say?
PM Narendra Modi showed his sympathies and condemned about the disgusting blasts in Sri Lanka in his Tweet. He also added that ” There is no place for such barbarism in our region “ and that India always stands shoulder to shoulder with the people of Sri Lanka. His Tweet also mentioned about his thoughts and condolences for the families who lost their loved ones and prayers for those who were badly injured.
It is such a shame that living in the 20th century, people are still holding grudges and humiliating the innocent people in the name of politics, religions and other political agendas. It has become a serious issue that no one is able to find a way to stop all these cowardly attacks. Hence all the countries should join forces and rip off the head behind these terror groups so that the people can step outside of their houses without any fear or hesitation.
Sushma Swaraj (External Affairs Minister), responded with the same condolence offered by PM Narendra Modi on the blasts. She also added that she is in close contact with the Indian High Commissioner in Colombo and mentioning that India was monitoring the situation of Sri Lanka as its neighboring country very closely.
Watch the live telecast of the Scenario